Cases similar to Impactband with a back.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheShadowXX, Oct 5, 2012.

1. TheShadowXX, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

TheShadowXX macrumors regular

Ok so I have been through 3 cases so far Otterbox Defender, Gameboy Silicone Case (ebay), and Baseone labs Impactband. I didn't like the defender because it was too big and bulky, and gameboy case looked cool but offered no protection. The impactband I like but I kind of want something with a back. I was thinking about maybe picking up a SGP Skin Guard for the rear and calling it a day but i'm not sure.

What I really like about the impactband is the raised/thick lip because it protects the front of my phone really well. I want the case i'm looking for to offer the same/very similar protection.

here is a pic so you can see what i'm talking about [​IMG]

I was thinking maybe the Incipio NGP or Belkin Essential 050 case?

Which would offer better protection?

Are there any other better options out there?

Any help is appreciated

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Baseonelabs also makes a gunnercase that has a back.

http://www.baseonelabs.com/products/gunner

3. TheShadowXX thread starter macrumors regular

4. TheShadowXX thread starter macrumors regular

I've looked into the Incipio NGP and Belkin 050 Essential cases, and it seems that neither of these cases have as thick of a lip as the impactband, can anybody confirm/deny?

5. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

where did you see reviews id like to see. I have the impact band also and am seriously considering the gunnercase but the price is holding me back.

6. TheShadowXX thread starter macrumors regular

7. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

8. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

9. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

So I'm very happy to say that my case arrived today as expected! So far I'm loving it. The feel of it is great, buttons extremely responsive, the material is nice. It is softer than the Impactband which has a more rigid feel to it. The gunnercase is softer.

I am very dissapointed to say however that baseonelabs has terrible service. Right after I purchased the case with a 10 or 15% off coupon, I realized there was a 25% off coupon I could have used. Immediately I contacted them to try and cancel the order or see if they can give me an additional discount to make up the difference. I know they got my email but they never replied back and immediately sent me a confirmation email claiming they sent the case. 2 days later they sent the "real" confirmation and tracking code. I have also read from others how they are unresponsive and definitely don't provide the service that they should considering how much they charge for their cases.

So overall I'm happy with the case, but their service is terrible. They have left a bittersweet taste in my mouth...