Cases, Skins, and Covers: Whats the best order?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

So, I ordered my iPhone 4 yesterday.

I also ordered an SGP Neo Hybrid Ex (it's for AT&T, but it will still fit on the Verizon iPhone), and that case comes with the Ultra Crystal Film.

I also ordered a customized Skin from gelaskins.

My question, whats the best order to put it on?

I know that the Hybrid Ex goes last, since its around the frame of the iPhone.

But would I put the Skin first (both front and back), and than the Film for the screen, or

would i put the Film first (both front and back), and then the Skin?

Whats the order that you guys did? Does anyone even have a set up like that?

I'm talking a protective screen film, a skin, and a bumper, anyone have anything like this?

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

put the screen protectors on first then skin, the only problem is the skin will peel up the protector so you have to get the skin ontop of it perfect the first time. good luck

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking the same thing.

****. Really? I have to get it perfect the first time or it'll peel? I think I should be able to do it...

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

be careful , if i were you i would just rock the back skin with a front screen protector. let me know how it goes with the install..

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed but then again you wanna protect the apple logo, if I were you I'd put a screen protector then the skin, but careful while putting it on and if you have to lift it up be very careful, I'd say you pretty much have one shot as weisjt said

6. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey guys

So, I got my iPhone 4 yesterday (Woot), and I got my SGP case today (Woot Woot). Went to the apple store to activate it (my iMac is with them currently), and before putting the SGP neo hybrid ex case, I put the screen shield in the front and back.

Honestly, I ****in don't like it!

I mean, I love the case, but the front of the screen, i don't know if i have greasy ears (took a shower, hands cleans also), but after making a call, my screen is just covered with grease when it was pressed against my ear.

I'm still waiting for my custom gelaskin (should get it real soon), and I'm definitely going to remove the back shield and put my skin instead.

But when it comes to the front. Should I just remove the shield completely, and just put my skin on the ear piece/home button, and leave the screen unprotected, or what?

I'm strongly debating on whether or not to get the SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector (you made a thread on it meltdown), but I plan to order it from the iThrough store.

Anyway, I'm confused on what to do. Leave my screen naked, or protect it? I just hate the grease, and I want it to be real clean! I guess I should get the Oleophobic, huh?

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Honestly, I love the oleophobic, I say you should give that a try and if that fails your going to have to go with an anti glare shield. But either way if it were me I'd leave the screen protected and stick the skin on top of it. Just know if you decide to remove the skin I'm sure the screen protector would he removed as well.