Cases / Skins for rMBP 13 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeevster, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jeevster macrumors member

Does anyone know if any cases are available for the 13 inch Macbook pro with retina display.... I thought about the Macbook air cases but not sure if they will fit it properly....

2. markus843, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

markus843 macrumors regular

Don't use macbook air cases for Mbp's :apple:

EDIT:Oh my bad, I thought you meant hard-cases, not bags

3. Km133 macrumors member

I've been wondering the same.

Still using my old MacBook case, which is miles too big!

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

5. markus843, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. dehory macrumors regular

As far as I can tell, currently the two best minimal-yet-protective sleeves designed specifically for the rMBP 13" are Tom Bihn's Cache and Waterfield's Outback (see also the latter company's other options). I'm leaning towards the Outback because: a) it looks less generic, and b) I think waxed canvas will protect better than Taslan nylon against sharp pokey objects.

There's also the beautiful and possibly overpriced* felt sleeves by Hard Graft, Mujjo and Pack&Smooch, but at ~$100 once you include shipping, they're more than I'm willing to pay.

My preferred sleeve for my 13" MBA is Acme Made's Skinny Sleeve, but my 13" rMBP slides out of that too easily because of its narrower body. The 13" cMBP Skinny Sleeve is 2.55cm wider, so it won't work either.

For now, I have a 13" MBA Suede Jacket Sleeve that I'm using to protect the rMBP against scratches. It's slightly loose but does the job.

Incidentally, this thread should really be merged into this one.

* Particularly appropriate for the 13" rMBP, then? :p