Cases / skins math: Worth it to get max price when selling your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 15, 2010.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

How much will do you lose on resale price of an iphone4 with scratches / dings compared with selling a mint one after having owned cases and skins?

So far, I have two cases and am on my third skin set. (partly about choosing the right skin set for me) That all ran me around $130.00. That's a good portion of what the phone itself cost.

The only thing in favor of protection, as I see it, is in the event of a smashed glass front or back, but what does that cost to replace?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Smashed screen is (I believe) $199/£139. I guess it probably adds $20-60 if it's mint?

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If you spent $130 ONLY to increase resale that is downright ridiculous. You could do t hat for less than $10 on eBay. If you get $20-40 of that back you'd be lucky. My old 3GS sold for $700 back around May. It was JB's and unlocked and excellent. The "ulocked" is what gets the most $$$ because most people think it is so difficult to do. A couple scratches don't matter except to the most anal retentive buyers.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This has been discussed and it works out to about $150 spread from worst to mint condition.

5. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Thanks - that's a good thread. Lively debate.