Cases that actually scratch an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by barkomatic, Mar 28, 2012.

1. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I have a friend who put a plastic hardshell case around his iPhone 4s a few months ago hoping it would preserve it. When he happened to remove it, the iPhone was covered with small scratches and marks. Kinda defeats the purpose of a case in my opinion.

I'm considering a hardshell case for my iPad, but with a microsuede liner which will hopefully prevent this problem. The lining is just on the interior back of the case and does not line the part of the case where the edges meet the iPad.

It's the Incipio Lexington:

http://www.incipio.com/new-iPad-Cases/Incipio-new-iPad-Lexington-Hard-Shell-Folio-Case.asp

Has anyone had an experience with similar cases? Does your case cause small marks on your iPad?

2. tdream macrumors 65816

I had a problem with a plastic back case in my 3G iphone. The was a small bit of dirt in the corner where the cloth material was not present. It caused a scratch on an otherwise perfect phone. I wouldn't like to have a hard backed case without some cloth like material inbetween, especially in the corners where a of of the cases are gripping. Easily scratch putting it on and off.

3. mushed macrumors member

Your supposed to take the case off at least once a month and clean the device to prevent build up.

4. Thomasss95 macrumors regular

Thomasss95

Does the Smart Cover scratch the side of the iPad?
    (I didn't want to make a new thread.)

5. iNole macrumors member

In my experience, no it doesn't. I used a smart cover for a year and never got any permenant scratches although it did leave marks that could be wiped off.