Cases that do not scratch your iPhone 5 list

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by exbauer, Dec 6, 2012.

1. exbauer macrumors newbie

I would like to compile a list of cases for the iPhone 5 that do not scratch the aluminum bezel. Please share what you have found.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

So far I have used an Incase Slider and an iFrogz slider and haven't had any issues.

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I am using one now. No scratches on the phone but I did have to modify the volume buttons.

5. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Yeah they could improve the buttons. I pushed mine out with my finger a little.

6. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

I worry about any case that is hard material and sits directly on the metal sides. Its just natural that at some point grit will get between and scratch it.

Im sticking to a bumper that has silicon lining. Still possible to have that scenario happen.. but less likely (at least in my mind).

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I can attest to the Belkin Candy Grip Sheer for the White iphone 5 (don't know if it will rub off the black coating).

Not one scratch or mark since purchase day. I was surprised to find that it has some sharp edges on the inside, but it hasn't marked my phone at all.

----------

Can you post pics/review? How much bulk does it add to the phone?

8. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I had to actually cut mine out and file down the sharp edges. I do like the thin profile though.

10. shenzu macrumors newbie

shenzu

What about this one.

Attached Files:

11. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Incipio dual pro

PLUS, if you get a BSE skin it still fits in the dual pro... at least it does w/o the screen one. I just have a cheap screen protector. I don't see why a BSE full body (including screen) wouldn't fit.

12. bandityo macrumors member

13. esfrost macrumors member

Its not the case that scratches the phone, but the dust that gets between the phone and the case and stuck there. This is why i use a leather pouch. I "clean" out the pouch every time when i take the phone out of it. My hands (or a cloth) clean the phone every time when i use it.