Cases that work with professional earphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by b_scott, Oct 13, 2011.

1. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

I just got an iphone 4, and noticed that almost all of the new cases including the Apple Bumper had very little room around the headphone jack. Seems like it creates the problem that the original iPhone had in that you can't use any other phones except the included "tiny" jack ones.

I'm looking at my Shure 535's right angle, thick plug and I know that it's not going to fit on any case that that covers around the headphone jack. To make matters worse, even cases such as the Incipio Feather with an open top, still seem to have an edge of the case that closes in on the headphone jack - which may not let me phones fit either.

Ugh.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

Is there such a thing as "unprofessional" earphones? :eek:

3. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

4. chillstatus macrumors member

Also looking for some nice options regarding this. I almost purchased the Graft Concepts Leverage and then realized my angled jack wouldn't fit :(.

I've been considering getting a new cable for my custom IEM's that have a straight jack instead or getting one of the extenders.

Attached Files:

5. antonchigurh macrumors member

My acase Superleggera Pro case protects my phone, works well with my Shure headphones, and is only $10 at Amazon.

6. b_scott thread starter macrumors 6502a

b_scott

I ended up getting a Griffin iphone 1 adapter. Works well with the bumper Neo SGP II case.