cases to prevent glass breakage

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hopperfu, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hopperfu macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've been reading through the forums. I am looking for a case for my iPhone 3G. The primary importance is that the case protect the screen so that when (not if) I drop my iPhone it is best protected from significant damage / cracking / shattering, etc.
    In an ideal world the case would not be bulky, but I don't care about scratches on the back or particularly how it looks.
    It seems like many of you have had experience with multiple cases, so if you have suggestions of what would best protect the glass, please let me know. I'm having anxiety dreams about the horror-show photos of my broken screen that I'm going to have to post.

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Your best beet would one of those bulky tough cases. Very ugly to look at though.

3. hopperfu thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, newbie here. Could you possibly give me a few examples (names) of cases like this that you suggest?

4. DaytonaJae macrumors newbie

5. hopperfu thread starter macrumors newbie

6. KC2 macrumors regular

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

You are sort of out of luck if you expect a case that will protect it from falls not to be bulky

Based on the way glass breaks ( its very strong against parallalel forces, not so much against diagonals/perpendicular) you need to make sure that whatever case you buy, it has ample corner protection if you want to make sure it will survive a drop without the glass breaking