Cases which keeps Edges Free

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sajal, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Sajal, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017

Sajal macrumors regular

Most of the cases I have tried has a slightly raised lip, I understand that this is for better protection and I agree its very much required, but somehow it interferes with the day to day usage.

• Selection of text gets tough, if you want to select from the first character its almost not possible and needs lots of efforts.
    • 3D touch based task manager is also tough.
    • Control center in landscape state is tough to be pulled up.
    None of these are actually big issues and probably worth to be ignored for better protection, but still wondering if there's anything out there which works out good.

Any suggestions ?

2. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Get an E2E screen protector that fills the gap between the lip and display. I have e2e with the Apple leather case and the lip is almost the same height as the display.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Are you using a screen protector? In my experience, the non edge to edge screen protectors cause the issues you're describing, not cases.

4. Sajal thread starter macrumors regular

I have no screen protectors on ..
    --- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017 ---

I have not used the Apple leather case, only few Spigen, urban armor gear and rhinoshield cases.

Will checkout the Apple leather case, if its lip is almost non existent, that will be helpful.

5. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

No the Apple leather does have a lip, I was just explaining how with the help of an e2e screen protector, it makes the display and the lip almost on the same height.

6. cc999 macrumors 6502

So you put the leather case over the e2e? Pic please.

CC

7. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Sorry can't take photos as my iPhone is the only camera I've got atm. You apply the screen protector on and then put the phone in the case. I'm not entirely sure of your question tho.