Cases with cover?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SnowDX, Aug 28, 2011.

1. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Looking for an iPhone 4 case for my daughter that has a cover for the front. She has been using an SPG Valencia for the last 8 months, which while still functioning, looks like crap. The leather is apparently not coloured all the way through so it didn't take long before the white colour was coming off and now all her edges are grey and worn grey spots over the whole thing. On one of the corners, the leather has worn down to the black plastic underneath. So, I'd like to get her something new.

The iSkin Revo 4 appears to have a cover, but I'm not so sure she'll be thrilled with any of the colour choices. I'd also like to give her more than one case to choose from.

I also have been researching the LifeProof case, but it seems there are some usability issues with the buttons and screen. She's also unlikely to use the waterproof feature since she owns a waterproof/shockproof camera which takes better pics than the iPhone.

Any suggestions?

2. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

After further investigation it seems that iSkin has come out with a modified visor that will allow you to answer calls without having to remove the front cover off the phone; so that's cool. It comes standard on their special edition Revo 4 and can be bought as an add-on to the other colours (but comes in clear not tinted like on the SE).

So, I'm going to show her the Revo 4 and the Vaja iVolution, I think it was called, which is very similar to what she has now but she could pick the colours. And likely better quality leather.

But if anyone has other ideas that have a cover that stays on when in a bag (so no folio style that can easily flap open) and has some feminine colours available, I'm still looking for more ideas.

3. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

I always recommend SGP Argos and Gariz Case for iPhone 4. Gariz is kinda expensive though.

4. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

The BookBook by twelve south has been great to me. She might not like the looks but still worth checking out.

5. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Those are pretty much the same as the SGP Valencia she has now. She likes it, but it wears horribly. I looked at it tonight and it's even worse than I thought. The leather is lifting right off of the plastic on some of the corners, the leather is worn right down to the plastic on other corners, and then the white has worn off all over the case so it just looks grey and splotchy. She had a good laugh tonight because when she got it she was worried about the single crystal falling off and being lost, but the crystal is still holding on nicely. It's the rest of the case falling apart. LOL

I showed her the iSkin Revo 4 tonight and she thinks it would work for her and take a beating better than the SGP leather. So, she may go for that even though it's not classy looking like the SGP cases.

She needs one where the cover stays closed and can't open itself while in a bag or open while being put into a bag. It's a cool looking case though.

6. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

Just an update to say that last night I was on iSkin's site and noticed they had a "scratch and save" sale. I scratched 50%! So, I ordered her an iSkin Revo 4 last night and also ordered the new visor that allows you to answer calls without removing it. Figured for $25 (case + extra visor) it was worth it to try it out.