Cases

kingmars

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
I Recently Recieved my refurb mid 2012 MBP (non-retina).

I also have decals i want to apply but i also want a case.

Should I go without a case, Get a clear case or what?

If i take care of it do i really need a case?

Advice Please.

Thanks in Advance

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
Skip the case and get a decent backpack or other bag for transporting it. Even if you have a case you need better protection when traveling. Cases cause it to run hotter and can cause scratches. My MBP is over 2 years old and it's finish looks almost new.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Similar situation myself,
I wanted to do some decoration, but wasn't comfortable putting stickers directly on the MacBook and felt bad sticking them to a case to, like it was a throw away item.
I opted for the Speck SeeThru Crystal, made from clear plastic, I was able to put the stickers and designs behind the case, good protection, no mess later, lookin' good :)

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I Recently Recieved my refurb mid 2012 MBP (non-retina).

I also have decals i want to apply but i also want a case.

Should I go without a case, Get a clear case or what?

If i take care of it do i really need a case?

Advice Please.

Thanks in Advance
Speck clear cases are decent and allow for good heat transfer without uglifying the Mac...

If you take care of it you do not need a case. It may help small dings or scratches but could cause them if debris get trapped between the Mac and the case. I take care of my equipment and have run with and without a case.

My MacBook Pro is from 2012 and only has a scratch on the bottom and minor pitting from my palm on the right edge. Normal wear and tear. My computers are to be used not admired.