Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingmars, Apr 17, 2014.

1. kingmars macrumors newbie

I Recently Recieved my refurb mid 2012 MBP (non-retina).

I also have decals i want to apply but i also want a case.

Should I go without a case, Get a clear case or what?

If i take care of it do i really need a case?

Advice Please.

Thanks in Advance

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Skip the case and get a decent backpack or other bag for transporting it. Even if you have a case you need better protection when traveling. Cases cause it to run hotter and can cause scratches. My MBP is over 2 years old and it's finish looks almost new.

3. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Similar situation myself,
    I wanted to do some decoration, but wasn't comfortable putting stickers directly on the MacBook and felt bad sticking them to a case to, like it was a throw away item.
    I opted for the Speck SeeThru Crystal, made from clear plastic, I was able to put the stickers and designs behind the case, good protection, no mess later, lookin' good :)

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Speck clear cases are decent and allow for good heat transfer without uglifying the Mac...

If you take care of it you do not need a case. It may help small dings or scratches but could cause them if debris get trapped between the Mac and the case. I take care of my equipment and have run with and without a case.

My MacBook Pro is from 2012 and only has a scratch on the bottom and minor pitting from my palm on the right edge. Normal wear and tear. My computers are to be used not admired.