Cash buying question on 10th/24th (UK)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bounce08, Apr 7, 2015.

1. bounce08 macrumors member

So I'm in the UK and want to pre-order however I want to pay cash (not online using my debit card) as I am in the process of changing my bank account.

I know pre-orders start on the 10th. Will I be able to go in to an Apple store on the 10th, pay cash for my pre-order (a 42mm Space Grey/Black Sport) and then either have it delivered or collect from the store on the 24th?

I know the front page says that UK customers will not be able to make reservations so I just wondered how I can go about buying one without pre-ordering online using a card?

2. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

If you reserve one for in-store pickup on the 24th, you'll be able to pay with cash.

Unless something has just changed, the UK will have the same reservation system as the US bar ordering and paying online for in-store collection.

What customers won't be able to do is head into store on the 24th and purchase one without a reservation as there will be no spares- though like with any other store I'm sure some units will be kept aside purely for DOA units.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

If you pre-order you will need to pay by card for home delivery. Rumour from yesterday is that reservations will not be available in the UK for store pick up, hope it's wrong.

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

That would suck. In that case OP, simply purchase a gift card in store using cash, then use that to place your order.

5. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

This rumor has been dismissed many times already. I have been speaking to Apple Support and they confirmed that the same option will be available as for the iPhone 6, hence Reserve and Collect option will be available to the Uk.

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

That's good to know, only read yesterday otherwise, news changes fast

----------

I did not realise you can use gift cards online, thanks for that .

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

There are a lot of conflicting rumours about this. :confused:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/angel...t-to-launching-apple-watch-online-2015-4?r=US

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I really hope so as I wanted to pick it up in store after work on the 24th. I'm in the UK.