Cash Register App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ebook, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

I haven't posted on MacRumors for a long long long time ... but I'm looking for a specific sort of Cash Register app and haven't found luck looking for the functionality I need. That's why I'm here.

So, this is what I'm looking for in a Cash Register app. I am a farmer and I sell directly to customers through on farm sales and at a large farmers market. When I get back my packages of frozen meat from the locker they have the weight and cut printed on the package, but not the price because the locker doesn't have the capability, or just plain doesn't want, to do that. What I would like to be able to do is use an iPad for my register at the market ... when customer comes up and purchases a package of bacon I would like to be able to hit the "bacon button" on the screen that would have the per pound price tied to it. Then for quantity I would enter what ever the weight was ... something like 1.23. Does that make sense?

Basically I want a register app that allows fractional units for quantity.

Thanks for any help!

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I don't know of a specic app but you could create a spreadsheet in Numbers that would do what you want. Would not be difficult.

3. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Would Square Register do what you want? It was just released last week.

4. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; USCCADR6275US Carrier ID 45 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The Numbers deal I've thought of ... It may be the way I have to go, but I wonder if it will be more difficult to keep track of my inventory that way???

As of now I don't think the Square Register will work, but I did send them an email.

5. Hoggles, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

Have you seen the app in the store called "Point of Sale"?

Seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Good luck

6. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Hoggles,

Thanks for the suggestion ... I chatted with them, but it looks like it can't do it either exactly they way I want to do it. It looks like if I tracked everything on a register app by the 1/100th of a pound and had that price then I could force it to work ... if that makes any sense.

If I made ground beef 0.01 = $0.045 (I don't know if it will let me do that though) then when I sold 1.03 pounds I could enter 103 for the quantity ... just a guess ...

Seems like it should be simple to add this to any existing apps ... or to create one ... of course I don't know how to do it so I realize it isn't simple ;)

7. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

8. HeadGear macrumors member

9. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; USCCADR6275US Carrier ID 45 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I guess I don't understand why that feature is a ways off ... You can already hit 2 for a quantity on most (if not all) of these register apps, so why can't it be made so you can enter 2.23 for the quantity.

I ended up making a spread sheet on Numbers, but it isn't as quick to use as a register app. In my mind this would be a natural feature to have ... Especially with how well it would work in the farmers market world (and other businesses as well)

Oh well ... I'll keep looking ...

10. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I don't understand why that feature is a ways off ... You can already hit 2 for a quantity on most (if not all) of these register apps, so why can't it be made so you can enter 2.23 for the quantity.

I ended up making a spread sheet on Numbers, but it isn't as quick to use as a register app. In my mind this would be a natural feature to have ... Especially with how well it would work in the farmers market world (and other businesses as well)

Oh well ... I'll keep looking ...