Cashmymac.co.uk

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dog299, Jan 30, 2010.

1. dog299 macrumors regular

hey guys...sorry if this is not the right place to ask but...

has anyone used Cashmymac.co.uk i have an imac to sell and can not be bothered with the ebay etc

any feedback welcomed!

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

They offer £80 for a desktop and £300 for a notebook. That's top of the line Grade A condition and including everything also boxed.... Go to ebay!

3. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

The big issue with these companies is that they say on the web it's worth XXX dollars/pounds/euros, but when they get their hands on it they have to evaluate it, and then they will often cut the offer in half, saying it's not in good condition or has issues or doesn't work. Better to go to e-bay.

5. Boothy macrumors newbie

agreed,stay well clear

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There are a lot of shady places doing stuff like this (they need to make money to stay afloat). Do a google search on the company and see what other previous-users have posted.

7. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

good point guys! might put it on ebay and see what happens! not overly bothered by the price just feel its a waste sitting at my parents its all money towards the ipad! :rolleyes:

8. uptherighttree macrumors member

you'll get more selling it yourself than giving it to the these guys. they will obviously offer you a lower than actual market price so they can make their profit when they sell it on.

don't really see the point to these companies. I can understand it's a cash quick route but you're losing out so why do it?

9. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

it is really is the ease to be honest...they can just come pick it up and its sorted; i work crazy hours so never around to take stuff the post office plus i dont have a box...still you guys are right might pay me to sort my game out! :D

10. buckers macrumors 6502

Is the site legitimate? I stumbled on it the other day. I don't think my old MacBook is reliable enough or in good enough condition for me to be able to sell it for a decent price, and I doubt I'd get much for parts(?); but the site claims it'll give me over £100 (which I think is more than it's worth).