Casing isnt flush! but cant be arsed ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickb, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Nickb macrumors regular

I remember a thread that someone posted about the back casing not being flush with the chrome bezel - but cant find it

ive now on my 5th phone as went through 3 at the apple store today, and its perfect apart from on one side the back casing isnt flush with the chrome bezel, not alot but its there - now today was a right faf trying to get it replaced so im thinking i can be arsed going back and trying to swop it again.

how do i not let it bother me?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Console yourself with the fact that it's not impairing the function of your gadget?

3. xolan99 macrumors regular

You take a deep breath and tell yourself that there are probably bigger things you need to worry about :D

4. kleo macrumors regular

It will go away as that piece of plastic that is sticking out wears and becomes round and smooth.

5. glanv macrumors regular

Just forget about it. I am on my fourth (all have been due to light leak or cracks). This one is ok so far apart from the same (slight) problem as yours. Even though I am a major perfectionist I decided to live with it and just get on with enjoying the phone. If it becomes a bigger problem in the next year (say, back started coming away) then I will deal with it either through Apple warranty or my insurance. Honestly, I have really enjoyed my phone since adopting this attitude!! Have a go too!!

Cheers!

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7566628.stm

Read this.

7. bori macrumors member

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Best solution. The casing on my iPhone 2G isn't flush with the bezel so I have an Incase slider and that masks the defect.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

As long as there isn't any light leakage, being slightly not-flush is not a problem. But if you're in a dark room and you can see light showing from where it's not flush I would return it..even though yes i know..it's a right pain in the butt :( But you want to get it right as you'll be with this phone for awhile. A iPhone that is badly flushed can lead to dust getting in the future..so you don't want that

10. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

THANKYOU MY FRIEND!!!

your a star! that has totally made my mind up that ill be taking it back to the o2 store when i can in the next two weeks - i havnt had it out at night yet (excuse the pun) but i have noticed alot of dust gathering on the bit that is sticking over the edge, so you've cracked it!

just need to wait now for stock to come in at my local o2 shop:mad:

11. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

No problem buddy. Let me know how the exchange goes. I have the same problem, and hate going through the hassles of exchanges, the lottery of getting an even more defective phone etc.

But keep doing it until you get the right iPhone and you will be happy ;)

12. Nickb thread starter macrumors regular

well im more than definitely going to take it back now cos not only is the casing not flush, the sleep/wake button has sunk in on one side, so thats enough for me.....

one thing though - when i went to swop for this one at the o2 shop at trafford center in the UK, the guy who was serving me said that i could only exchange it once, and after that it had to go off for repair - has any one else had this? i think they were just stopping me from complaining as i mentioned that i had just come from the apple store (dont think ill mention that next time)

any one else heard of this, or is it total rubbish, because surly if something is defective, it should be replaced - period

13. xolan99 macrumors regular

I think the sleep wake thing is by design because of the curvature...mine kind of looks like that too from behind.