casing issues on macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bigmac7, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bigmac7 macrumors member

Alright, so I got this macbook October 2006 so its a few years old. Recently though I have been noticing some casing issues. First of all I have noticed that the battery pack is coming out of the bottom.I also have some discoloration.Then finally I have the crack that everyone seems to be getting on the bottom right. I am not under apple care or anything, but will apple fix this for me free? Thanks

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You can bring it in to the nearest Apple Store and they might be able to address the case cracking issues, despite your MB being out of warranty, (what are they going to do, take away your Birthday?). Have them take a look at the battery as well, and say a couple of prayers. If you are too far from an Apple Store, you can call Apple Support and they'll send a shipping box right to your door and you can send it in to Apple. Good Luck.

4. bigmac7 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I will probably take it to the apple store and see what they say. I live pretty close to one. They will probably blame it on me though, thats what usually happens.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just realize that the Apple Store, might help out with the case issues and if anything else gets taken care of out of their kindness, then so be it. You might get charged, and you might not. It's a crap-shoot! Get Some; Good Luck. :p

6. bigmac7 thread starter macrumors member

haha thanks.

EDIT: Well lucky me, I took it in and they asked if it was under warranty and I said no, but they said they would replace the case for free only this time. They told me it would take a day or two, but when I got back home I had a message saying it was ready hah.