Casio EX-F1 HD video Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by polar-blair, Aug 12, 2008.

1. polar-blair macrumors regular

I have a Casio EX-F1

I have a few questions about its video functions.

I bought it for 3 reasons, the super fast 60 shots a second mode, its ability to record in slow motion (high speed) and that it can record in HD - yeah, sounds good.

It comes with some PC software, but no mac stuff, but I wasn't bothered cause I was going to use iMovie anyway.

When I first tried to import some HD footage I only got a green screen and sound, I hunted around and found out I needed the avc1 Decodre plug in to play back the footage, Ok did that now the HD files are working, but any FHD (which I presume is full HD 1080) is really jumpy and jittery, its very clear but it jumps around everywhere.

Can any one tell me why this is, do I need something to make it work or is my brand new iMac not powerful enough?

Also the HD files will only work on iMovie 06 and not 08, is there anyway I can sort this? The slow motion and standard def all seem to get imported ok but the HD ones dont which is weird cause on my mac they all have the same extension name at the end of the file .MOV

Thank you for reading this long post and any help would be gratefully appreciated

2. bitwreck macrumors newbie

Hi!

AVCHD-files hare very heavy for most computers. Full-HD Video is run at 60 fps, vs 30 fps for the 720 video. Optimising your machine, freeing up memory (leave out useless backgroundprograms like skype, adobe pdf etc etc), and defragmenting the videofiles (and all other files) should help you. Most laptops have a 5400 rpm HD, and this is a slowing factor too.

Last but not least the decoder might be better. Have You tried CoreAVC? www.coreavc.com

Hope this helped!

I have a returnquestion for the EX-F1:

When i shoot 60 pics in burst mode, at the option screen for saving ("save selected, save all, cancel") i choose "save selected". As i scroll through the images i can't figure out how to select them for saving. Usually i pause the preview at one, then choose save selected, but then it saves none. How do i save one, or just some, instead of all? What do i do to select? (there is a square at the screen, with "select" written next to it, but i can't figure it out?

Got any idéa?

Thank You in advance!

3. xStep macrumors 68000

That is Windows software.