Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
Hello all,

AWS2 WatchOS 3.1.3 - iOS 10.2.1

This morning, after sleeping with the watch on [trying out the AutoSleep app, to measure sleep time & heart rate activity during the night] - popped it on the charger for about 30 minutes, to top it up before the start of the day.

When I strapped the watch on, up popped a notification congratulating me on already standing for 6 hours, despite me only being awake for about an hour.

Fast forward to early afternoon, and not only did I fill my stand-target despite spending most of my day sitting, but I received a "Perfect Week (Stand) Achievement", when this week has been particularly bad, with me being virtually chained to the desk...

TL : DR >> the Stand-measure hasn't been functioning properly at all of late, seldom reminds me to stand at the moment, and seems to think I'm standing when I'm most certainly not...

Un-pair/re-pair and reboots don't seem to do the trick - any suggestions?

OH WAIT >> Activity Update just tapped me - seems I've stood 19/12 hours today....
The levitation skills are quite clearly strong in me.... :cool:

Anyone else struggling with this?

Reactions: AlliFlowers

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Congratulations! Haha!

You might want to take this to the Apple store and have them exchange it. Even the geniuses should find it strange that you're meeting your stand goal for 19 hours.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello all,

This morning, after sleeping with the watch on [trying out the AutoSleep app, to measure sleep time & heart rate activity during the night] - popped it on the charger for about 30 minutes, to top it up before the start of the day.

When I strapped the watch on, up popped a notification congratulating me on already standing for 6 hours, despite me only being awake for about an hour.

Fast forward to early afternoon, and not only did I fill my stand-target despite spending most of my day sitting, but I received a "Perfect Week (Stand) Achievement", when this week has been particularly bad, with me being virtually chained to the desk...

TL : DR >> the Stand-measure hasn't been functioning properly at all of late, seldom reminds me to stand at the moment, and seems to think I'm standing when I'm most certainly not...

OH WAIT >> Activity Update just tapped me - seems I've stood 19/12 hours today....

Definitely some crazy numbers. Perhaps it's a caliberation issue. I think an Apple appointment would suffice. Let us know what you find out.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Sleep apps have a tendency to mess with the Stand ring for some reason. Happened with me when I was using Sleep+.

Hello all,

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
Thanks for the suggestions.
Far away from any Apple Store - and down these parts, we actually only have a certified Reseller, who are unfortunately not known for speedy assistance, so that's off the table.

Regarding the sleep app interference - this is probably where things are going south. Happened last time when I was running Sleep++, and these latest issues do appear to also coincide with AutoSleep... Will keep watching things [har-har], and see if things change if I skip using AutoSleep for a bit...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.