Castle Crashers!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by dubs, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dubs macrumors member

In didn't see any topic for this game in the search so I thought I'd start one. Not sure if those of you with 360's know, but tomorrow Castle Crashers is release on XBLA. It looks like a blast, and even has online coop!

http://www.castlecrashers.com

If any of you decide to download it and want to beat some dudes up online, feel free to add me, my gamertag is: duberto

2. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The game looks fun. Reminds me of a Golden Axe, or TMNT, or that old Capcomp Knights game.

But what scareses me, is as that ALL of the art was created in Flash. I'm not saying it looks like Flash art, it was created using Flash! :eek:

I watched the developer videos.

I've been using Flash since 2 and even I won't use its vector drawing tools over Illustrator.

<]=)

4. dubs thread starter macrumors member

The game was made by the same guys who made Alien Hominid, and I think in one of their dev blog posts they say it doesn't run on any kind of flash engine, just the art style is similar. I really know nothing about flash though so I could very well be wrong.

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm not saying it's running on a Flash player, but that the Art is all drawn/created in Flash, so it's more than just similar. :)

This really surprised me. At first I thought he was using Illustrator, but then noticed the color palette was Flash, then the rest of his techniques clicked and made sense.

I'm quite adept at Flash and make good money off it, but I would never used it as vector painting app. Even it's path tools is quite awkward compared to Illustrator and Photshop's tool. This guy is weird in my book, but I like the art.

The original(so not console ports) Alien Hominid was built in Flash, which I'm assuming you already know. :)

<]=)

6. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

Anyone know the average game length in hours for the full version?

7. secretpact macrumors 6502

I just played it start to finish with 3 of my friends (4 players total) and It took us about 4h30m. It's not too long, and definitely fun. In my opinion there is replay value as well. There are arena's to fight each other and characters to unlock, as well as animal orbs and weapons to find.

8. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I saw this game at the San Diego Comic Con and knew I had to have it based on just how insanely silly the designs and gameplay is.