Cat chewed through my iPhone Earphones...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nckcard, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Nckcard macrumors regular

Will apple cover this and give me a new pair?

...Stupid cat ='(

2. madfresh macrumors regular

I think there's only a 90 day warranty on accessories, but even if it's under warranty don't think Apple will cover it due to the reason given. Sorry :(

3. Nckcard thread starter macrumors regular

By the way..

The damage is unimaginable.

Oh, and i bought my iphone 4 days ago, so if the 90 day warranty covers it, I think it's well within that 90 days.

Attached Files:

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

All accessories that are packaged with the iPhone are covered for the same length as the iPhone itself.

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

The warranty doesn't cover user damage, and even though your cat isn't exactly the "user" I don't think you've got any chance of getting Apple to give you a new set for free.

6. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Scotch® tape it, mate.

Problem solved. :rolleyes:

7. Nckcard thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, as much as I'd like to it'd be epic fail if I did. Also, the earbuds are chewed on so I'm not even sure if they'd produce sound if I actually did manage to tape it back together.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

My cat chewed a couple of my iPod headphones too. I just bought new ones and learned to keep the headphones away from him. He never chewed on the crappy freebie headphones I had laying around...

Anyone noticed how cats seem to love apple stuff?

9. SignMyiPhone macrumors newbie

10. Nckcard thread starter macrumors regular

They never go for the windows stuff...sadface

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry, but I think you are out of luck. I would suggest in the future you keep them in a drawer so your cat can't get at them.

12. Nckcard thread starter macrumors regular

Thats all I needed, yet all of the know-it-alls have to try to impress someone and deem themselves 'Intelligent' by pointing out other people's stupidity.

13. archi17 macrumors regular

I don't think apple will replace them because your cat ate them. Because they were working when you bought them off Apple, your bad luck, Sorry.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

If you can somehow prove that the plastic used in the cords contains a catnip based component, then you may have grounds for a class action lawsuit.

15. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Apparently MR is also a place to vent bottled-up frustration...

16. bobsaget611 macrumors member

i would try. i just got a new pair of headphones last week (mine were actually broken and had no physical damage). What they do is send you a new pair and put a $29 hold on your credit card. When you ship yours back maybe they will just accept it and release the hold, but if it comes to the worst, all they will do is charge you the $29. I think it would be convenient and you can set up the replacement online, so why not try? They even pay for shipping both ways and I got my replacements next day!