Catalyst Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tanariogo, May 10, 2013.

1. tanariogo, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013

tanariogo macrumors newbie

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY i got mine first!
    I live in Puerto Rico and shipping takes an extra week for anything! I ordered it yesterday, as soon as I saw the email. It seems I jumped the gun and didn't check the other thread about the case, I didn't get the discount/coupon 15% off.
    I am currently 10:30 into my 30:00 water proof test.
    The case looks really good. Much better than the others I have seen. I made a call on it...
    Duh, dunh dun!
    it wasn't good. there was a big lag to my wifes phone and she couldn't really understand me. Even with the charging flap down. At least that trick works on the life proof.
    The packaging and manual seems pretty legit. The manual is bigger than the one that comes with my car! (just kidding, almost though!)

----------

it seems my pics are too big....let me see here

2. Releck97 macrumors member

Ok, stop teasing us! I just got my ship notice this evening. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

3. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

pics

Attached Files:

4. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

more pics

Attached Files:

5. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

The case is definitely a bit bigger than my speck that I have had since I got the phone. It doesn't FEEL any bigger than any of the lifeproof that I have felt. It looks to be of good quality. The touch screen works very well, though I have not tested it wet or under water yet. My thirty minute leak test went well. No leaks. I put cotton ball thingies my wife had inside. I don't think there is a need. I think Qtips would work better anyway. As I mentioned earlier, talking may be a bit of a pain. Audio sounds pretty good out of the speaker.
    Again...there is no way I was the first.....

----------

Overall I dig it.
    I think it is the best option out there now. I think it would have been better 3 months ago, before I shattered a phone, but what do you do?
    It looks good. I only wish it came in that kickstarter edition color of the 4. I'd buy that in a flash, even though I have this one. and I'm CHEAP!

Haven't had a drop test yet...who knows how long that will take.

6. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Best looking case I have seen.
    I have not taken it under water yet. That will come in a couple of weeks, and by then you guys should have yours too.
    I have made exactly 2 calls on the phone since I got the case. The first one was in my house right after I put the phone in the case. My wife could hear stuff, just not make out what I was saying. the other call was last night and my wife couldn't hear a thing. nothing. she hung up on me.
    Also I had a 2 foot drop test on accident. no damage. I know my old bumper case would have handled it fine, and saw much worse, this case was fine.

I don't think this case solved the talking issues that the other waterproof cases are having. I do think this case looks the best. Hope you guys get yours soon!

7. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Also I don't like the bump on the bottom of the screen. It is right at the very bottom and makes the buttons in safari difficult to use.

8. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Playing real racing with the case I noticed a couple things.
    The gas doesn't always work right. I'll be turning, then all of the sudden stopping. Same with turning. Turning fine then all straight.
    Even doing this post on the phone. The buttons and keys seem a bit klunkier. Auto correct is happening more and more and it is overall less sensitive.

----------

That last post got all jacked up because of the case (really because I didn't pay attention after the case messed part of it up). But you guys get the idea.

9. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

So best "looking" case, but not fully functional? I'm not sure I could put up with the screen being as clunky as you say in other posts. The call quality is discouraging as well.

10. imrwipemedown macrumors newbie

No clue how you got yours first lol...I'm in Orlando, FL and ordered it within minutes of receiving the email lol.

I hope the calls and touch screen are workable...because I'm really liking the concept of this case. It says in the manual that if you have audio problems at first, the iphone software will start to correct it to make up for the pressure differences/background noises (with its noise cancelling I assume). We shall see!

11. malochico1 macrumors 6502

12. tanariogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Took my first pic with the case on. No difference in quality.

Tried playing my racing game again. This case makes that difficult, so the wife will be happy.

13. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Dang - still out of stock....Was hoping to get my husband one for Father's Day for his fishing/boating adventures....