Catalyst Unveils World's First Waterproof Case for Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by hoogen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

2. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

It says it is not for surfing or any other water sport. If so, what is this good for?

3. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

For kids, no longer worry about them damage $10,000+ AW edition.
    Got to find a way to prevent gold chip off of case when playing at playground.

4. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

For those that want an Apple Watch and find themselves needing the waterproofing, I guess it's what it is. Unfortunately I still think all these covers make the Apple Watch look like a toy.

5. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

Is it totally true that this not suitable for surfing or they just say that for liability issues?

6. nicho macrumors 68000

"rain, splashing, accidental submersion, showering, bathing, surface swimming and shallow snorkeling"

water sports = potential impact with water = could break

7. srshaw macrumors 6502

So how is this better than the watch on its own? Seems like a waste of time to me.

8. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

My AW's touchscreen isn't easily used when it's wet. I can see the help this case offers by blocking water from the mic and speaker holes, but I don't see how it'll help the touch screen.

9. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

I could see myself using this at work (construction). I have catalyst case for my 6 that works great.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What good is this the? I mean, the watch itself can get wet and be taken into the shower. This does not seem to extend the water proofing that already exists on the apple watch

11. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

See, this makes sense. Yours would benefit from shock and knock protection, with the bonus of keeping out splashes of God-knows-what, and your hands would still be dry enough to use the screen (if the task is too complex for using Siri, anyway).