Catching a Swan (M10)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iamdavekennedy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. iamdavekennedy macrumors regular

So, we've all been around here a bit, and by now we know that most 'speaker recommendation' threads usually wind up with us paddling in saliva after collectively drooling over HiVi Swans M10's (if you've escaped this somehow, these are that which I speak of)

But every thread seemingly ends up with anyone outside USA or Australia getting cut short on their hunt, I've relentlessly been contacting HiVi's dealers around the world trying to find someone willing to ship to the UK but most of their listed stockists only either stock Drivers or don't for whatever reason have their Multimedia Range as part of their inventory.

Where can I get these bloody things?

I've tried European stores on and off for a few months now, supposed and former stockists who have been 'out of stock' for so long now I'm convinced they only stock these to garner hits on their websites.. special deal on advertising on our Swans page anyone, it gets thousands of disgruntled hits a day!

So, rant over.. does anyone have any idea how I can get a set of these from wherever, to the UK? Even HiVi themselves haven't been responding to direct requests from myself to point me in the right direction so if any of you lovely folk know I will reward you with magic beans.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

3. iamdavekennedy thread starter macrumors regular

4. lenkeyth macrumors newbie

Hey did you find them?

Writing from Copenhagen here. Same deal, so so impossible to find. Only shops in australia seems to have it, and they don't ship.

Please tell me you found a small unknown shop that ships :)

5. lenkeyth macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip!

I have contacted both the European and the Nordic supplier now.

I will write here if i receive any replys.

It's weird. I see great reviews and many forum posts dating 3 years back by people looking for these speakers, many giving up in buying them because of the lack og availability.

It seems they are very good, and the demand has been far bigger than the supply for 2-3 years now. Why don't they just make some more? Oh well...

6. lenkeyth, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

lenkeyth macrumors newbie

Got a reply directly from Swan Europe:

Recieved this email directly from Swan Europe this morning:

Good morning X,

the run of M10 to buy in Europe was very big during Christmas time.

We have been totally sold out and underestimated the demand.

Now we will receive M10 in about 2 months again.

Please come back to me end of May and we can serve you directly.

Kind regards,

Gundolf

Nice with such a fast reply from them, Thanks Swan!

Looks like everyone has to wait to the end of May, then.

7. lenkeyth macrumors newbie