categories advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamesapp, Dec 5, 2008.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

i recently downloaded categories. I am looking for advice on how to use categories. Like i made a folder called games, I was going to make two more folders one for utilities and one for applications. One of my questions is what exactly is a utility? I thought about putting bossprefs in utilities and dockprefs in there too. I don't know about cydia and installer, i was going to put them in utilities too. And then put everything else in applications. I have seen screenshots of a hard drive icon, some are labeled programs or hard drive.
    How many screens can you have for each categorie folder like, if i fill up my games categorie can i have a second screen full of game apps? Just looking for advice on how to use categories.

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

This is completely subjective to the opinion of the user. Some people consider a calculator to be a utility.

I used to keep my "installer apps" in my Tools folder. Now I have a Tools folder, and I keep Cydia, and App Store on their own, blank page.

The reason I took them out of the folder, is because they are not capable of displaying their badges inside a folder.

Without being able to see the badge, it isn't obvious that an update is due.