Categories app...possible problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by -aggie-, Apr 1, 2010.

1. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've read people having massive problems when they had to restore and used Categories to put apps in folders. Are these problems just for earlier versions? Is there something I need to look out for when using this app? I mainly want to make sure that if I have to ever restore, I'm not going to have to start all over. I also use pkgbackup, and want to make sure that plays nice with Categories.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When I restore, I have had the best luck taking everything out of folders first, then redo it all after jailbreak. A bit more work, but flawless.

3. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I've read that, but what happens when someone has a crash and has to do a DFU mode restore. Are you screwed? Does it mess everything up?

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Either way, I would think that if you need to restore you'd be fine (just so long as the phone has been synched to iTunes recently). I'm one who always just redoes everything after a restore/update, etc, so I'm always just remembering my folder names and separating the apps after they've been synched back.

5. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

So does pkgbackup restore the apps in categories?