Categories Icon Disappeared

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BuStOsAvIcH, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BuStOsAvIcH macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

I recently made a bunch of different upgrades through Cydia since last night and this morning. Just now, I noticed that my Categories icon has disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. globality macrumors member

Reinstall Category app

3. BuStOsAvIcH thread starter macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

The thing is that I have a lot of different apps spread amongst 4 or 5 folders and I don't want to have to re-add everything. Any chance this is just a bug that the developer could create a fix to fix it?

4. globality macrumors member

Well, reinstalling category app won't affect your existing apps in each folder. You don't need to re-add anything. (Just choose reinstall in Cydia , DO NOT remove it and then install it again)

5. aussieboi macrumors newbie

I also have the EXACT same problem after updating 3 or 4 Cydia updates!

Re-installing Categories and Categories SB DOES NOTHING. I have done this 3 times

Next suggestion please? Removing Categories will delete all the folders and apps - so ...

Thanks in advance :p

6. aussieboi macrumors newbie

Solution Found

After a little Googling, I installed a Cydia App called "Poof". Alternatively, if you have "BossPrefs" installed, you can use it. Basically, open either app and cycle the "Turn off to Hide switch" for Categories from On to Off to On. This should then give you the icon. I also did a reboot.

New Issue - It seems that whenever you use Categories to change app icons or add/delete app icons, Categories disappears again, after the re-spring. Using Poof and recycling the On-Off-On switching bring Categories back.

Very strange all this.

Hope this helps :p

7. TicoLoco macrumors newbie

Tried your suggestion, downloaded poof, now categories shows up in poof, but no icon anywhere. Can't do a search for it either...

8. BuStOsAvIcH thread starter macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

There was a new update to Categories and after upgrading and rebooting my iPhone the Categories icon reappeared.

9. Marlon177 macrumors member

same thing happened too, install poof, hide the categories icon, respring, then show the categories icon, problem solved.

10. aussieboi macrumors newbie

Read Post#6 closely

Please note the problem can be solved and re-solved - it is just a "pain" ... I hope the app developer will fix this issue next time around :p

Guys - MORE feedback please ...