Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chadrob30

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
In front of my Mac.
Today at some point my Categories app decided to spit out all the icons back to the desktop. I restarted the phone, and it's still the same. I went to the Categories app and it's showing that all the apps are still in their folders....??? It looks like it duplicated all of the app icons and put them back on the desktop...

EDIT=looks like it was an issue with Poof. Got it sorted out. Thanks for all the replies!

siliconhybrid

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
it did the same for me, i uninstalled it, restarted and then reinstalled it. So far so good.

so far so good, until you have to respring it.
for example if you download an app from Cydia and then it had to restart springboard... all your apps will show up again in.

very annoying

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
mine sometimes gets crazy and the apps are no were to be found, it has happend 2 times with 2 different apps. The app its supposed to be in "APPS" folder , when i go in, its not in there, i try to find it o the springboard and its not there, if i do a springboard search it wont find it cause its inside categories (i didnt know this)

1st time that happend i just stop trying to find it cause I think i maybe deleted the app or never sync it into the phone (but it really was somewere inside categories)

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
I had the same problem on fresh install.

I also noticed that I was getting double listings when I was adding apps. Also, whatever you do, don't try to add Apple's Remote app to a Catagory/folder named Remote. It won't let you add it, or if you do get it to add (change folder name>add app>change folder's name back), the app's icon will change to that of the folder's icon. I must be some kind of same naming glitch.

Go figure. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.