Categories, lost my apps.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nevrsadie, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I have a a 3gs that I jailbroke about a month ago. Everything was going great, really enjoyed the fuctionality that jailbreaking allows. I used categories to organize my pages of apps. Yesterday I downloaded glass orb for winterboard. When I tied to enable it my iPhone froze up upon respring. No matter what I did I would freeze at apple logo. I finally was ableto get into dfu mode and do a restore. All my apps that were in categories are gone. My question is, if I rejailbreak and install categories again will I be able to recover my apps? Any input or Advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. zenoran macrumors regular

go to settings->General->Reset on yer phone and do the "Reset all Settings" option that will reset everything and your apps will show up again.

edit: ooh just read later posts those sound better ill try that next time too :)

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Go into settings > general >restrictions and turn restrictions on, and then turn them off.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

To restore all apps go to settings/general/restrictions

Select Enable restrictions. Close out of settings

Go back and then Disable restrictions

All your apps should appear.

Edit: Guess Jmann types faster than I do !!

5. Nevrsadie thread starter macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

Thanks alot, you guys are great! And fast with replies. I take it you have all been down my road? I still plan on jailbreaking again but may wait until after the 25th.