Catestrophic error, please please please help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dt1982, Mar 26, 2011.

1. dt1982 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I am a complete an utter idiot.

I began to re-partition my external hard drive with all my work on, through Disk Utility. The problem is, I meant to re-partition a brand new hard drive I had just bought, and not the one containing all of my work.

I know, what a stupid mistake to make. However, it is made now and I am at the mercy of anyone's help or magic software that could help salvage it.

The thing that probably makes things even worse it that as soon as I realised what I had done I pulled the USB cable out to disconnect the drive. needless to say when I reconnected it, my MBP did't recognise it!

could anyone please suggest any software, or even a company that could help me out? I'm self employed and this drive is my life, has all my old work on it (ironically it is my backup drive)

am open to any suggestions, but please, don't point out the obvious too much that I am a complete and utter berk.

I anticipate ANY reply!!!!

Cheers

David

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Sounds like you're up a creek with no paddle stores in sight. If it's your backup drive, where is your original drive with your work on it? The one you backed up to your backup drive?

3. simsaladimbamba

Maybe the Gparted Live CD can help you restore your partition table, as no data has actually been deleted.
    Or you could try Disk Drill, Data Rescue or File Salvage to scan that HDD and see if it brings up anything. You have to pay for the restoration of the files then.