iPad Caudabe Shell for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by thelookingglass, Jan 15, 2014.

1. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Haven't seen any mention of it on here, so thought I'd share. My Caudabe Shell back cover for my Air arrived recently. I had this similar cover for my prior iPads and was pretty satisfied. Nothing fancy, just a simple back cover. Fits well and has a nice feel in the hand due to the frost texture. I'll use this for the next few weeks. Wish they had a version for the mini as well. Slightly pricy, but I've been happy with Caudabe stuff in the past so not too big of a deal for me.

Link is here - http://www.caudabe.com/collections/ipad-air-accessories/products/the-shell-air

2. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

I've ordered one and am waiting delivery. Want to see how light the setup will be with the Apple Smart Cover. Was interested in the Caudabe because of the claim that it is more resistant to fingerprints than similar cases. True?

3. thelookingglass thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I only have this one so I don't know how it stacks up against others. But, the frost coating or whatever they call it certainly helps hide fingerprints more than the typically clear glossy covers. That much I know is true and why I tend to shy away from clear glossy cases on both my phones and tablets.

4. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Wife just ordered one of these for her iPad Air. Will report back with thoughts.

5. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Just got mine (or my wife's rather). About what you'd expect for a back cover. It has a nice, matte, smooth feel to it on both sides. Snaps on tight. Seems like a good product. With my wife's red smart cover, it looks nice. We'll see how it holds up over time.