Caught Bundlore-A. How to get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by hotpotato, May 30, 2015.

1. hotpotato macrumors newbie

My mini (10.7.5) has caught Bundlore-A adware. Avast found the bug and isolated it, but no matter how often I delete it from the Avast vault, it keeps coming back instantly. How can I rid my mini of Bundlore-A?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Adware Medic will help you remove it from your mini.

3. hotpotato, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015

hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I tried Adware Medic and it did not even find Bundlore A. Instead it pegged Awesome Screenshots, a Safari extension and suggested I delete that. I use that extension all the time.

What I don't get is why Bundlore-A keeps coming back right after I delete it with Avast. What now?

4. hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe if I present all the info that I have with illustration in proper order it will help.

Picture 1 shows the warning AVAST gives me. The path to the "original location" of the Adware is shown:

[​IMG]

Picture 2: The AVAST Vault shows the isolated Adware. I can choose each file and either "delete" or "restore." I presume "restore" is to be used if AVAST has wronly isolated a needed file instead of a threat. If I click any and all of the isolated files, and delete them, they come right away back one by one:

[​IMG]

Picture 3: This shows the path to the folder that supposedly that AVAST points to as the source of the Adware. I can't find the indicated file that AVAST isolates anywhere in there. Probably that's because AVAST keeps isolating the file each time it crops up.

[​IMG]

How do I rid myself for good of this pesky file?

5. hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's a windows adware not OS X so it won't do you any harm. Locate the file and drag it to trash then secure empty.

7. hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

The only place I ever see the file is in the AVAST Vault. It keeps popping up in there no matter how many times I delete it. The worst thing is that the AVAST popups that tell me Bundlore-A has been isolated in the Vault, clutter my whole desktop. A pop-up appears ech time Bundlore-A is beig iosolated - sometimes every few seconds.

8. hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I tried this: I checked Bundlore-A in the AVAST Vault and restored it, found the file, and securely deleted it. I don't know yet if it worked.

By the way, when I "delete" files from the AVAST Vault, where do the files go? I don't see them in the trash.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's supposed to securely erase them

10. hotpotato, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

hotpotato thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, after selecting Bundlore-A in the AVAST Vault and restoring it, and after finding the file in the original loaction on my Mac and after securely deleting it, the file has not returned. Apparently AVAST can't delete isolated files from my Mini, but I have to do it myself.

Question: If Bundlore-A is supposed to be designed for PC, how does the offensive Budlore-A indicate something to do with Apple? The file's name is 'com.apple.LaunchServices-034501.csstore' - Does that make any sense?