Caught in an awful situation!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliotschreiner, Jul 8, 2008.

1. eliotschreiner macrumors member

Okay, I've been wanting to get an iphone from a while back, and about a month ago I signed up for a data plan that would allow me to get one. Right then, the iphones went out of stock. So I thought I'd wait until the next ones would come out (inevidibly, they did). So looking up information on how to get one, I found out that because I am a new non-iphone plan customer, I don't qualify for the subsidy. I could pay $175 dollars to terminate the contract, but they said that they don't allow you to sign up again for 6 months. it's either do that or pay an extra $200 dollars for the phone. Just because I signed up an instant too late. AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

Is there any way to fix this other than a time machine? I've clicked that thing in the dock, and it didn't do squat.

2. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Add a line for 9.99

Add a line to the account.

3. ballen420 macrumors 6502

Buy a 1st Gen iPhone, add it to your account, buy the new 3G, then sell the 1st Gen. I believe you have to have it on your account for a few days before purchasing the 3G. As long as you are a 1st gen iPhone owner, you should be able to upgrade at the normal price. YMMV though.

4. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Whats another 25 bucks. If you were already gonna pay the 175.00 cancellating fee then add another 25 to it and, in the words of Emeril "BAM"

6. eliotschreiner thread starter macrumors member

Then how much would it cost to cancel the other?

EDIT: In other words, how much does it cost to cancel individual lines on an account?

7. eliotschreiner thread starter macrumors member

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm practically doomed to pay it either way.

8. iSkier macrumors regular

I am in the same boat. I am 14, and really want an iPhone, and I have $200 to pay for 3G! But now I guess I can't get one.:mad:

9. iSkier macrumors regular

I am in the same boat. I am 14, and really want an iPhone, and I have $200 to pay for 3G! But now I guess I can't get one.:mad:

10. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

This is not a "awful" situation. It is a PHONE. Either add a line, or pay the $175.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This would be your best option.

12. pugnut macrumors 6502a

The suggestion was to avoid the 6 month rule. Adding the line you pay the 9.99 per month. I also beleive they are prorating termination fees going forward. Not perfect, but a option

13. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Sell the phone you got and buy the $399 iPhone

14. john316 macrumors member

14 and crying about not getting an iPhone? I used to get upset cos I didn't get enough pocket money to buy a Megadrive game at 14 :D

15. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Wait. What do you mean you added a data plan for the first gen iPhone but didn't have an iPhone?
    You're not supposed to do anything to your account until you have the iPhone and then do it through iTunes.

16. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Anyone in this supposedly horrible situation is free to buy my first gen iPhone from me for $125 and use the very reasonable first gen iPhone rate plan. Quite a bargain ... anyone?