Cause for concern battery ?

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Yes, it was because were I was working today had awful signal and need to use the internet.
Yeah, if you don't have easy access to a charger or Wifi, I would keep it in airplane mode. When it's fighting for signal, your battery life will be in a free fall.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
I assume low signal means you didn't have a good signal. That in and of itself will kill your battery life quickly. Second your top used app is the browser, so therefore a lot of screen on time.

I wouldn't worry about it right now.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
3 bars of reception is no that bad but anything below can be.
He posted this after the fact and probably not from the location of the low signal.

Also, I would think low signal only registers when the battery usage for each unique app is done while the majority of the percentage used is during that one dot/bar period and not for just say 1% out of 10% total usage?

----------

You probably have background app refresh running? With that bad of a signal at work, it'll kill ya.

I used to go to work in a really bad reception area on my 5s and after 9 hours I would be at 65% after a full charge and very, very light usage.

With my 6 and typically the same usage I was at 94% yesterday. Here at least, maybe the marketed new LTE bands is helping, and not just the larger battery?

I also have a 6+ and that phone in the same conditions leaves work at 96%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.