Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
The coupon sent out today is only for purchases made today or after. I called them because I wanted a refund of the difference I paid last week vs. today. That's when they pointed out that little detail (yes it is in the fine print of the email).

Just did not want anyone dropping a policy to buy the lower priced one and then finding that they don't have coverage.

BTW...when I called them they did make an exception

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's not unusual, most "black friday" type of deals exclude prior sales - no price matching on anything sold before.

Many (most?) retailers and venders do this, given the steep discounts that we now see because of the Christmas season.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I have never seen that stipulation (never really looked for it) and never assumed it. I am always successful at getting a refund of the difference.

I just did not want folks to drop and re-buy their policy and find out later they were not covered.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for the heads up about the coupon. I hadn't noticed the 40% off email and I will probably want to take advantage of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.