Cautionary Tale: iTunes Acct Was Hacked Into Tonight

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Chupa Chupa, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'd read about, but tonight it happened to me. I have two accts, one I use, and one I set up via Paypal years ago when they were offering 10 or so free songs if you set up an acct w/ Paypal. I forgot about that one.

So tonight a slew of emails from iTunes come though, for small money, then progressively larger... the last 3 for $999.90. I took swift action and called Paypal then my bank so I won't have any loses. Also my PP only goes to a special low balance savings a/c just for PP. I just want to post this as a cautionary tale. Don't link iTunes to any account that leads to hard cash.

2. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

3. frankpuccino macrumors newbie

4. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Did they buy the most expensive apps on iTunes Store? :p

5. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Sorry to hear this. I changed all my passwords tonight to more complex ones. Thanks for the head's up.

6. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

According to the rec't sent to me:

Haypi kingdom, ultra package, Seller: Lae Lee 10 @ $99.99

Apparently this title was used for fraud earlier this summer too: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=407990&page=7

Anyway I've delinked all my iTunes accounts from any credit cards or other accounts. I guess I'll have to do the same w/ similar online accts. It's not worth the convenience.