Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s0lar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm planning to upgrade my white intel iMac (from late 2006) I'm thinking of getting a 1GB stick (or probably even 2GB) - but at this point I'm not familiar with which ones are good brands, a suggestion from my colleagues is getting a brand like Corsair.

I'm just a little hesitant, as I've been told and I'm not sure if it's a myth of sorts, but if I do upgrade my RAM, would that affect the stability of my machine? If it does that would be not too cool, as everything is working out perfectly - except for the slowing down of my progs while working with several at the same time (I usually use my iMac for most of the Adobe products), now especially since spaces...

Thanks for in advance!

smogsy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2008
i just ordered 2x2GB for my macbook from crucial

if your in uk
http://www.overclockers.co.uk its cheaper to buy from ocuk than it is from crucial :/

keeping ram in pairs is good thing to do.

your statement about the stablity is concering to different ram makes in 1 manchine it can sometimes but rarely cause problems :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.