Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) is on PowerPC!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ariii, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

I was looking at a platformer my friend recommended to me (Cave Story) and I'm surprised to see it has a PowerPC version :D!

http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php

It's a cute little platformer and it's running fine on my PowerBook with an English Patch. I definitely recommend everyone to take a look at it :)

2. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Don't know what it is, but any games I can get a hold of for my Power Mac are welcome. I have SimCity 4 and Shrek 2 on it, but SimCity 4 performs awful (My 1.3GHz Celeron Dell is faster, oddly) and Shrek 2 is pretty bad compared to the PS2 version.

3. Ariii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ariii

You will love it :)! 
    I was actually introduced into it through the Nintendo eShop and I heard a lot of really positive reviews.

4. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

To be honest with you, I couldn't figure out how to get past the main screen :rolleyes:

5. Ariii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ariii

It took me forever to figure out that "Z" "X" "Q" and the arrow keys were pretty much the only controls :p

6. datamonger128 macrumors regular

datamonger128

I downloaded Cave Story on my G5 and the game wouldn't run. I was running Leopard, 2GB DDR, and a Radeon 9600 XT. This was the PowerPC version as well as I hadn't gotten the game on Steam yet.