Caveat for iOS 11 Public Beta & wOS 3 users

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Julien, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There is a bug in iOS 11 (has ben reported by others too) when using wOS 3 (not sure if it affects wOS 4) that can cause your :apple:Watch to lose it's connection to your iPhone. It will not show up under BT connection and there is no way to reconnect it without un-paring (losing all data since it became disconnected)/re-paring. When this happens things also get really wonky. For me yesterday I first noticed that my iPhone didn't unlock my :apple:Watch. While home it gave no indication of not being connected. When I left home to the gym noticed the "not Connected" red icon.

When I got back home I tried every combination of restarting/rebooting/switch toggling/swearing etc. I could get a partial connection (see pic with weird data & also took some shots from my watch but were lost in re-pair) of some sorts but it didn't show up under BT Settings or reliably transfer data.

Luckily I had enough time in the day to get all my Stand (5 hours lost), Move (again) & Exercise (again).

IMG_2912.jpg

2. slappypig macrumors member

slappypig

I have a similar situation where the watch doesn’t appear in my BT settings though I have a MAC address in my BT settings that says it’s not connected (which turns out to be my watch). Other than this I have lost zero functionality between the two devices.

All of my workouts, heart rate monitoring, etc has worked as it did before with no issue. I am able to transfer pictures, songs and modify watch faces directly from the app on the phone with everything transferring / working as it should on the watch.

Odd.

3. Broken Hope macrumors 6502

That’s how mine was behaving, working fine but showing as an on connected MAC address in Bluetooth settings on my phone.

I was able to unpair and repair and not lose any data and it shows fine under Bluetooth now.