Cavemen on wheels

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by floyde, Jun 16, 2009.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

This is one of the times when I agree with people that want revenge, although I wish I didn't.

So yesterday I was going to grab some dinner with my girlfriend. I was driving down this very busy street and all of a sudden I notice a large pickup truck honking frantically behind me and tailgating like crazy. There's a lot of traffic, so I'm going pretty much as fast as anyone could go, and there'd be no point in moving out of the way since there's a billion cars in front of me anyway. I was just a few feet away from a turn I had to make, so moving out would mean that I would have to drive about an extra mile instead of reaching my destination in a few feet more.

I've had enough. I get idiots like these very often. I swear, someone must've been mating Neanderthals with the city's populace. The guy was so close behind that I couldn't even see his headlights. Out of exasperation, my knee-jerk reaction was to slow down (I just removed my foot from the gas a bit) as if saying "I wont bow down to your will, I'm not going to move, **** off!!".

Anyway, I made the turn, the ******* follows me, passes me by, and smashes my front bumper on ****ing purpose!!! :mad: He then speeds away. :mad::mad: What kind of idiot does something like that? What if there had been a baby in the car or something? Fortunately, only the car was damaged, but still. The insurance guy said that I was better off not getting the license plate number. ****ing drug gangs are on the rise, and who knows who I could be pissing off by suing. The worst part is that he's right. Although it could very well have been one of those idiot, arrogant posh kids who are trying to compensate for their lack of penis length (we have a lot of those too)

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration. Thanks for listening.

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Driving is one of those things that just brings out the best in people. I feel your pain and have been in your exact position. Exactly how did he smash your bumper? Side swipe, slam on his brakes in front of you, etc.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Next time, use your blinkers or go to the right and let them pass if someone is tailgating you. Seriously, if someone is in a rush, just let them go. And don't make eye contact. Lots of accidents are result of road rage (i.e. fast driver or someone in a rush vs someone slower)

Probably the other driver was trying to cut the OP off, but did it too close.

5. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

The bastard did it Hollywood style. He drove to my side, a bit further, then he just steered in my direction. The left side of his truck hit the right corner of my front bumper. I couldn't hit the breaks in time to avoid him :(

6. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

I had my blinkers on, i was going to turn. Letting him pass meant I would miss my turn.

If he was in such a rush why did he take the time to stop and hit my car?

No, he had already passed. He went out of his way to hit my car. He aimed and then went for it. It was clear that he wanted to trash my car.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So I take it you didn't end up getting a partial license or reporting it to the police? Ugh, how awful! :(

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I suppose I'm lucky where I live, you get plenty of idiots, but there's not much road rage for the most part. Well, nothing compared to what you get in cities from what I saw when I went up to Swansea. Horns blaring everywhere and people swearing and raving.

Down here the most you'll get is a horn blasted at you, and that's rare.

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Actually it sound exactly an intentional "cut him off" move, except the other driver did not time it properly. Usually they do it close to the other car as possible, but don't collide, as drivers typically don't want to damage their own car.

10. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Yeah I know what you mean, I've seen it several timers. Somehow I think this was a bit different; it didn't seem like he wanted to miss, and his truck was rock solid. I don't think he got more than a mild scratch. Either way it sucks, but I guess it could've been worse.

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Totally ridiculous. Like Abstract said I'm getting angry just reading about it. There's obviously no way to take it further if you didn't get the plate number, but you can at least daydream about taking a bat to that truck. :mad:

12. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

What difference would it have made if there was a baby in the car? It's not like they'd have been sitting on the bumper.

13. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Times like that are when I wish I had the car from Spy Hunter. .50 cal machine guns, oil slick sprayer, smoke screen, and missiles. You can handle all sorts of road (and air) rage. Heck, I would just be happy with the bad guy car with the spikes. :)