CC Benefits Questions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Jun 26, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So I used my CC to buy the iphone and my question is on the benefits like price protection, purchase guard, etc. I debated what forum to place this but figured the topic was more dealing with CC's than apple products

Questions:

1) Are these benefits pretty easy to utilize if need be for the most part?
    2) To use these benefits, must I carry the balance on the purchase? If I pay off the purchase in full in a month, do all these benefits go away?

Thanks!

For instance, these are the ones that are keen to me with my card...though price protection does not apply for iphone, just in general

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The ease at which you can use the benefits varies between card provider and benefit. I have used the extended warranty before with few issues and I always pay off my card.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The specifics of consumer protection vary depending on what card you have, but in my experience disputing a charge is fairly straightfoward.

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

That is nice to know as I never carry a balance. Glad that I can still use the services on statements that will be long since paid off

Has your experience been like flopticalcubes in that you can pay it off and still have access to it down the road?

Thanks to you both for your prompt replies:)