CC Payment Options / CC Terminals

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phadam, Aug 16, 2011.

1. phadam macrumors regular

I have recently been trying to get more financially organized with freelance work and have been using paypal for my transactions. I wanted to move out of paypal and into a CC payment option either directly through my website or a manual transaction using appropriate CC info supplied and signed by client. I am not heavily involved in programming or web setups, just more of an html/css/jQuery background so I'm not too sure how difficult a CC integration would be into a personal site. Security/Privacy would obviously be of utmost importance for this and I am not even sure I would be capable of a task like this on my own. My other option would be a third party? CC setup with a credit card terminal. Seeing as there is so much out there from terminals to services I wouldn't even know where to start.

Any suggestions, comments, experiences, opinions, etc. would be extremely helpful, if anything just to read up on and learn a little more on what is involved or needed for both options. Would appreciate the help. Thanks!

2. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Square?

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I use Square for my business. It is the easiest and cheapest setup there is as long as you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Still waiting for a Mac application, that would be great but I don't think it is coming anytime.

4. phadam thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't checked out square yet. I just signed up and got started with an Intuit online terminal so I'll have to see how this goes for a while. Will definitely look into square though. Thanks!