CC3 for Mac - Free for those w/ PC version?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by statikcat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

So in July Command and Conquer 3 is slated for Osx release. If I already bought this for XP/bootcamp will I have to buy another for Osx? That would be really lame! I can't find this info anywhere on the website. Maybe someone here knows :D

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

you will have to buy it again, im sure EA will see it is "why did you buy a pc game for a mac"

3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Like buying a PS3 or a XBOX 360 game. You buy for one platform.

4. statikcat thread starter macrumors 6502

statikcat

Oh well I will get a copy of the Mac version and use my serial. Maybe that will work Lol. Blizzard sells cross platform games why not EA? I can kind of understand .. but in the future hopefully EA/ID games are cross platform in thebox and follow the great example of Blizzard.

5. jeff303 macrumors newbie

Blizzard does this because they are an awesome company. Not every company has the foresight of Blizzard, which develops the game to be as platform-agnostic as possible, then only has to "duplicate" the work for a small OS-dependent layer. Most design and implement for Windows from the beginning, then when the marketing drones decide there is enough money to be made on ${alternate platform}, they either struggle for months to reprogram all the OS-dependent code or pay some other company to do it (ex: Aspyr).

Just because you buy one copy of a piece of software on one platform, that doesn't mean you have exclusive and universal rights to that software on every platform. Usually the Mac version of a game is a full port of a Windows version which requires the work of a lot of people for a long time. Read the license when in doubt.