Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
I'm now upgrading to ML and have CCC 3.4.7 which I'm using to backup/clone my HDD. Technically CCC 3.4.7 is not supported for ML but I'm wondering if anyone else has used CCC 3.4.7 on ML. Is it time for me to pay up and upgrade CCC??

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It will work, it just has not been "tested" by the developer... so there is the possibility there are problems lurking beneath the surface we don't know about and that could bite you when you really need your data.

I would not risk it. JMO :)

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
I bought the first version after 3.4.7, and updated to the latest version. The developer is very good, works with customers to resolve issues, etc. Well worth the cost to me, knowing I have a viable backup is essential for me.
It has been a while, so I can't remember exactly, but I think ver. 3.4.7 will popup a window when run on ML, saying in effect that no issues have been reported, but this version has not been tested. So, I too recommend you just buy the app, and then you will know you're good to go. :cool:CCC:cool:
In addition, I found a bug, reported it to the staff at CCC, and the owner got in touch and worked to resolve that issue in short order, which was incorporated in the next version after 3.4.7. I am sure they have fixed countless other issues up to the current version. Get that, use it in demo mode for a month and decide if it's worth it to you to buy it.

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
CCC 3.4.7 will work with Mountain Lion.

You just have to keep "clicking through" the warnings.

Dismiss all of them, and run the app.

That is all....

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
It will work, it just has not been "tested" by the developer... so there is the possibility there are problems lurking beneath the surface we don't know about and that could bite you when you really need your data.

I would not risk it. JMO :)

So now that Mavericks is out is it wise to pay for the upgrade of CCC?? I've downloaded the latest CCC but I now have both versions (old and new) with the latest imposing a 30 day trial. It's $45 Canadian. Is it worth it? The one main thing I like about CCC is that it copies over the Recovery HD partition whereas SuperDuper does not.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So now that Mavericks is out is it wise to pay for the upgrade of CCC?? I've downloaded the latest CCC but I now have both versions (old and new) with the latest imposing a 30 day trial. It's $45 Canadian. Is it worth it? The one main thing I like about CCC is that it copies over the Recovery HD partition whereas SuperDuper does not.

The latest version shows that is has been tested with Mavericks, so yes, I would say it is worth it. I would not want to trust my backups to software that has not been tested with the current OS.

Gatorman

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2002
Florida
I used 3.4.7 with Mavericks today. Worked just fine for me! So if it were me, I'd just use the free version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.