CCC 3.4.7 on ML. does it still work well?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigpoppamac31, Jul 18, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I'm now upgrading to ML and have CCC 3.4.7 which I'm using to backup/clone my HDD. Technically CCC 3.4.7 is not supported for ML but I'm wondering if anyone else has used CCC 3.4.7 on ML. Is it time for me to pay up and upgrade CCC??

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It will work, it just has not been "tested" by the developer... so there is the possibility there are problems lurking beneath the surface we don't know about and that could bite you when you really need your data.

I would not risk it. JMO :)

3. davidlv, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

davidlv macrumors 65816

I bought the first version after 3.4.7, and updated to the latest version. The developer is very good, works with customers to resolve issues, etc. Well worth the cost to me, knowing I have a viable backup is essential for me.
    It has been a while, so I can't remember exactly, but I think ver. 3.4.7 will popup a window when run on ML, saying in effect that no issues have been reported, but this version has not been tested. So, I too recommend you just buy the app, and then you will know you're good to go. :cool:CCC:cool:
    In addition, I found a bug, reported it to the staff at CCC, and the owner got in touch and worked to resolve that issue in short order, which was incorporated in the next version after 3.4.7. I am sure they have fixed countless other issues up to the current version. Get that, use it in demo mode for a month and decide if it's worth it to you to buy it.

4. AlanTheBrit macrumors member

AlanTheBrit

SuperDuper

I can recommend SuperDuper 2.7.1.
    It's never let me down.
    Highly customizable yet simple to use.
    Works perfectly in Mountain Lion.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

CCC 3.4.7 will work with Mountain Lion.

You just have to keep "clicking through" the warnings.

Dismiss all of them, and run the app.

That is all....

6. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

So now that Mavericks is out is it wise to pay for the upgrade of CCC?? I've downloaded the latest CCC but I now have both versions (old and new) with the latest imposing a 30 day trial. It's $45 Canadian. Is it worth it? The one main thing I like about CCC is that it copies over the Recovery HD partition whereas SuperDuper does not.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The latest version shows that is has been tested with Mavericks, so yes, I would say it is worth it. I would not want to trust my backups to software that has not been tested with the current OS.

8. Gatorman macrumors regular

I used 3.4.7 with Mavericks today. Worked just fine for me! So if it were me, I'd just use the free version.