CCC issue I am having.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cfs, Jun 11, 2010.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

I use CCC to transfer my macbook's internal hard drive to an external.

I have only cloned my Macbook once but once cloned I checked the clone and everything was there.

My problem is that the other day I left my computer at work and wanted a file. So I then plugged my external in my imac, running same OSX, and there was the red minus signs not allowing me in any files. However, when I plug the external back in my macbook all is well.

What am I doing wrong. I would like my external to work with m imac in case something happens to my Macbook. there are two different Admin names on the computers. Does this matter? And if so is there a work around?

Thanks,

CFS

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It's just a permissions issue since the files are owned by another user. You would need to use a admin account to override the permissions to give another account access. The Get Info can do this and there's an option to apply recursively.

3. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

My iMac is currently in for repair and I'm using the CCC backup connected to my MBP right now to access the files on it.

I believe the difference might be that I setup my accounts exactly the same on both systems. Same name, same login, same password so I guess the system sees me as the same person.

4. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl later today.

5. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

It worked. Thanks for your much need and needed help.