CCC Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jasnw, Jan 24, 2016.

1. jasnw macrumors 6502

I'm running Mavericks on my SSD and have a test El Capitan running in a separate partition on an internal HDD. I also have a USB HDD with a CCC-built bootable clone of my Mavericks system on it. Once I'm comfortable (note I didn't say "happy") with El Capitan I'll want to move it from the HDD partition over to the main SSD setup. My plan is to boot into the USB HDD Mavericks (after a final topping-off of the backup), blow away the SSD partition using Disk Utility, and then use CCC to transfer the El Capitan installation from the HDD partition to the now-empty SSD partition. Has anyone done this, and is this how it works or am I missing some critical point?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Should be fine, I've done that many times. You could use your internal HDD EC partition too though, once you are happy with the setup of the test partition simply bot from it and close to the SSD. Keep the USB HDD for a backup.

3. jasnw thread starter macrumors 6502

That's my plan. I'll try out the various betas (when I'm feeling particularly masochistic) on the HDD partition. Thanks, now I just need to get "OK" with El Cap.