CCK + rtpmidi + coremidi + win7... no connection

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by troublegum, Mar 10, 2012.

1. troublegum macrumors newbie

hi

(already posted this on the apple forums, before realizing nobody would be able to help me there since it implies too much non-conventional uses of their product)

I recently got a CCK. and it won't connect to windows7 anymore (64, up-to-date, brand new cck & usb cable)

I tryed once yesterday and it worked (I could send some midi data). but now it's impossible to establish a connection. i didn't install anything between the moment it worked and the moment it didn't anymore. I just turned of the laptop.

the ipad just doesn't show under "directory". I tried disabling the firewall, reinstalling bonjour & rtpmidi. nothing works.

what could block the ipad+cck to be connected to windows ?

thanks in advance

2. troublegum thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

can't manage to make it work on either of my computers.

when i thought it was working it was (probably) indirectly connected via my local network.

is anyone familiar with rtpmidi & cck ?

TIA

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You might get more replies if you did not abbreviate. It took me 4 days figure out that CCK stood for Camera Cannection Kit and I have one.

4. troublegum thread starter macrumors newbie

well, it's refered as CCK everywhere...

anyway I got the confirmation it doesn't work directly.

I have to plug it like this :

ipad - cck - usb/midi interface - midi cables - usb/midi interface - computer

it's either this or using a midi mobilizer or an irig (which are more expensive than the CCK and still require 1 usb/midi interface).

or an iconnectmidi or iodock, which are a lot more expensive and a overkill for midi usage.