Ccleaner jail brake alternative?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Am3r1ca16, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I restored my iPhone 5s and then used my ios 7.1.1 backup on iOS 8.

I had a gig left of free space but out of nowhere I got a message saying that I'm low on memory. And then when I check I have 0 bytes left.

I know when I use to have my iPhone 5s jail broken i would use ccleaner and it would free up space on my iPhone. I know I have at least a gig but I don't know how to get rid of all the cache stored on my iPhone 5s.

And the most strange thing is that I've deleted a few apps. And it would say I have 100mb left. After a while its would say I have 0 again.

Anyone know of any program???

I don't know if this is iOS 8 related since I dont t remember experiencing this in iOS 7.1.1

2. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

The issue is most likely in the move from jailbreak to beta.

The default install has some caches enabled and you don't have access to deleting them. Further, because of the jailbreak, the deleted caches may not have the proper permissions causing them to not be controlled in size.

I had a number of permission issues going from back to a default unjailbroken state back in the iOS 6 days. best bet is to reinstall and set up as new and to not reload your backup. start from scratch.