CD burning question

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by bigboy99, Jul 2, 2007.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I've made a 14 song wav file that shows up as one track when I burn it to CD using Toast 6. What preparation is necessary to get each song to show as separate track so normal CD scanning will be functional?

I am using Audacity as my audio editor.

2. korndog2003 macrumors regular

korndog2003

Well your probably going to have to cut and export every single file, then import each into iTunes and burn it there. IMO much easier.

3. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can I import aiff/wav files into iTunes? It seems odd that Toast doesn't provide a solution.

Thanks...

4. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

If you have Logic pro you can use waveburner, if not Peak can do this too. Neither option is free I'm afraid.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

surely Toast has the ability to set start markers, eh? are you sure you can't do it?

6. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I cant find anything like markers anywhere in the menus. I only use Toast to copy media, so I"m not the most knowledgeable user.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

manual? online help? tech support? have you tried any of these? seems kind of silly to get/learn a whole new program instead of learning the one you have.

you do have a manual for it, yes?

8. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Manual? What manual? I don't got to show you no stinkin' manual.

I have referred to to documentation, and alas (as suggested above), I will need to prepare a track by track playlist to get the music on to CD with the expected numbering.

I have been using DAT tape for years, and incorrectly assumed that the numbering would be automatic as it is with DAT (each pause creates a new number.)

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it doesn't come with a manual? or did you acquire it via "other means"?

10. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I confess, it's my son's software, but yes, I have do have the manual. I just never bothered to read it as most software is fairly obvious from the menu. Am I under surveillance?

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

no, it's just verboten to discuss cracked/illegal software, and personally i'm all for paying for software.

check the manual, i'd be shocked if there's no way to do what you need.

12. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've got to create individual "tracks", and drag them to the open Toast app. This creates a playlist, etc. Similar to video editing.

Almost all software now comes with either online or PDF help file, so the "manual" is mostly history.