Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Odd one this!

Importing my opera stuff into iTunes and all was well until I got to "Tannhauser".

Tracks 1-3 on all of the CDs record with a massive crackling noise (like sweet rapper). The noise stops by track 3/4 and the recording is fine from then on.

The CDs play perfectly on my TEAC hifi player (zero distortion).

So any thoughts? I cannot replace the CDs. Can I record into iTunes from my hifi player without loosing anything?

Superdrive has not had this problem with any other CDs in the past and now for that matter.

Anyone experienced this?

Regards

Sharkey

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
Try ripping the CD(s) with another application like Max from sbooth.org which is free. Then import the files into iTunes.

The best is probably Toast Titanium which sells for about $65 but is great software.

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Try ripping the CD(s) with another application like Max from sbooth.org which is free. Then import the files into iTunes.

The best is probably Toast Titanium which sells for about $65 but is great software.

Good idea.

I only have Toast 10 but will give it a go.

Thank you

Reality4711

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
scotland
Good idea.

I only have Toast 10 but will give it a go.

Thank you

Well that did not work!

As my version of the opera has a high second hand price and plays perfectly on normal gear I've decided to sell it and order a different release of the same piece (master) from a different label.

Wish me luck.

Regards

Sharkey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.