cd drive broken, so tranfered vista files, bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blopes315, Feb 14, 2009.

1. blopes315 macrumors newbie

Alright so my cd drive is not reading cds on my macbook pro. I have used bootcamp before on this computer just fine. Im trying to load vista after I partition hard drive like I would normally, however it cant read my vista cd cuz my dvd-drive. So I opened the vista cd on my sisters mac, and bluetoothed it all over to my desktop and I titled the folder "vista". I hoped that all i would have to do after partitioning the hard drive would be to click the .exe doc in the folder and everything would be normal. However what I need to do is somehow make my mac think that that folder is the vista 32 bit cd that I have. Do i just have to change the extension of the folder or is there something else I have to do. As you can see Im not a computer wiz, so this question has probably been answered many times but in a language I dont follow.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. blopes315 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i mean my dvd/cd drive doesnt read anything anymore. So I transfered all the data of the vista cd from another computer into a folder on my desktop. I just need the folder to run as a virtual cd/dvd when i run bootcamp assistant. My computer asks me to insert vista cd. I have the entire vista cd but it is on my computer already. Anyway I can make that folder appear as a cd